Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunny Days

Dad is doing great! Since he started taking the anti-depressants--which he swore he wouldn't take if prescribed by the doctor because he didn't like the way they made him feel--his mood has changed considerably. And so far (knock on wood) no episodes, no seriously dipping sugar levels and no really serious problems with the colostomy and no troubled breathing. Very grateful. I've changed my schedule a bit by going back to Dad's on Monday after work instead of Sunday night. I did a drive-by yesterday to see if he needed anything, which of course he did, and after picking up his medicine at Walgreens, and stopping by Safeway for a few items, Debbie and I stopped by the hospital to see Jimmy, then I went home and chilled Angie-style. Saturday was a really nice day!

Today will be breezy. After getting friendly with the elliptical stationed in my livingroom -- some sweet talk before beginning the work out to ensure it doesn't kill me -- then I plan on working hard at doing nothing. At some point today, I need to get up from the couch to make a ton of chocolate chip cookies for the Valentine Day bake sale at work tomorrow. Love my Sundays!

This week Dad doesn't have chemo because someone in the doctor's office is going on vacation. Kind of weird something as serious as chemo would be temporarily put on hold for a vacation day, but that's what Dad said they told him. Oh well. Just trying to keep you in the know. Ciao.

God, as always, I thank you for every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment