Thursday, May 12, 2011

Here We Are Again

It's frinckin' early o'clock in the morning, Dad's bag busted. He called me in for recon duty before things got too bad. He got showered and remembered to close the shower door this time so no swimming in the pool of water on the bathroom floor, and the only thing needing my help was in gathering up the soiled clothes off the floor, spot clean the rug and help place the new sticky round thing on his stomach with the stoma inbetween -- centering that thing is the tricky part for him, then attach the new wafer, and colostomy bag is attached to the wafer, and we're good to go. I can go back to bed now. Oh but before I do I asked Dad if it was okay if we checked his glucose again, since it was ouch! 419 before he went to bed, which we think -- "we" are the nurses -- it's because he won't allow anyone to check his sugar mid day so he doesn't take any insilin. So now it's gone down to 118 -- Bravo! Much safer zone. He's back in bed downstairs and I'm getting ready to get back to mine and snuggle up to my dreams. I hope he's able to get right to sleep without too many thoughts rattling around in his head. Damn Boogeyman is always lurking in the dark!

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment