Friday, May 13, 2011

'Til Sun Up

Dad had one other incident with his bag busting in the early morning hour. His call from the bathroom down the hall woke me up the second time. "I fell Angie. Need your help." When I stepped into the bathroom he was laying on his back amongst a pile of soiled paper towels he'd used to clean himself. Apparently the $75.00 shower chair, that he sits in to catch his breath after stepping from the shower, had collapsed on him. Surprisingly, lifting him from the back with my arms under his pits wasn't difficult at all. He'd lost so much weight over the past couple of months. Didn't appear to be any injuries. Once he was solid on his feet, I helped him finish cleaning up, and attached another colostomy bag. This time he was so exhausted he decided to lie back on his own bed instead of trying to make it back downstairs to the hospital bed. I had to wake him up an hour later to give him his epegen, and insulin shot. He didn't even bother to open his eyes. He was exhausted. When Jean arrived I dragged myself into the shower and just stood there with the water pummeling me, then began the process of mentally preparing myself for my other job. Long fucking night.

No comments:

Post a Comment