Monday, May 16, 2011

Those Three Words

When asked, "How do you do it?" A caregiver replied, "Love gives me no choice." When I read this on Community Knowitalz.com blog, it was a real moment for me. I said yes! That's my heart responding to that question.

A comment from an unknown person doing the same thing we're trying to do for Dad found the words as if pulled from my own heart. I really needed to read that today.

You see taking care of Dad is not a burden to me. Work is a burden, not having the benefit of a savings that would allow me to take a leave of absence and still be able to pay my bills is a burden (I could shoot myself for my lack of financial planning).

Taking care of Dad is an honor. Being present at such a crucial time in Dad's life, anyone's life, is a blessing for real. It comes included with all the I love yous and the I care about yous.

It just is.

No comments:

Post a Comment